RSS

My Teacher,My Hero

            Like a normal child,my dream was to become a hero.I’ve always wanted to be like Wonderwoman and fight villains with Superman or be part of the Powerpuff Girls and save the day.Imagine a life with Justice League and together be the saviors of those who are in need.How I wish I had superpowers.How I dreamt of wearing those fancy suits they usually wear.
    Those were once my dreams but as I grew older I realized what a true hero is.
            Real heroes can’t fly.They don’t need to waste their own flesh and blood but they only do good thing to others which makes them a hero.
            Finally,my idea of a hero came into the person of my preschool teacher,TEACHER RUTH.I met her 10 years ago and she was one of the few persons I’ll never forget.
            She was very talented.She knows how to plat the piano very well and she can sing very well.She was also good in her field-teaching.You could see in her brown eyes that she loved her profession.Before I was very quiet.I don’t have friends but she keeps on reminding me that no man is an island.She was not just a teacher but she was my mother,my friend.
            Even when I was in grade school,she did not stop her communications with me.She continued teaching me things in life.She was very good in advicing.I shared my pains and burdens to her and she has a shoulder that I can lean on and an ear willing to listen as I cry.
            When I graduated from elementary as Salutatorian,she was present and she was very happy to see me infront of that stage getting that diploma.It’s as if we were sharing the fruit of my labor.
            At home,she was good mother to her children.Now she was like a superwoman.During daytime,she’s at school and at night she is a loving mother..They were not that rich but I was amazed seeing her smile despite the hardships in life.
            She was an image of my grandma as well.I’ve never felt the love of my grandmother since she passed away when I was still very little.She filled the lapses and the love my grandma should have given.A love I’ll always be thankful for the rest of my life.
            When I heard the news that she passed away,tears fell down on my face.Several questions came up into my mind.Why must a good person die?Millions of students still need her.I still need her.I love her.
            On her burial,I saw her lying on her coffin and I barely couldn’t take a look at her.If I’ll watch her I’ll only remember the past and make me miss her more.Her daughter came near me and she told how badly she waited for me to visit.I cried and felt sorry for myself for not even being there with her during the times that she was battling for her life.For the chance that I did not take to say thank you to her for all the things that she unconditionally gave.If only I could whisper in her ears how grateful I was for having her in my life,I would really do so.
            I had then remember the last few words that my teacher told me before she died,”Nakauyab na ka day?Ayaw sa ha?Unya ra ug masuccessful naka.Be the person your master can be proud of.Life is cruel but God’s love is bigger than any problem.If you need a helping hand,I’m always here to help you.”
            Her memories made me miss her more but still I tried to be strong for even if she is gone,her love was still like the wind,I will never see it anymore but I can always feel it.
            If only heaven had a number,I would call her and tell her how best she is and how thankful I am to have her.But then I laughed all of a sudden because even if I won't talk I know she can hear me through the beats of my heart.
            Her burial was like a burial of a hero who shed blood for the country.Many people whom she helped where there.I know deep in my heart there is still someone who is like her.A teacher who loves her student.Even though she’s not with us anymore,she had touched so many lives and educated a hundred of students when she was still alive.
            I love her.My savior,my supporter,my teacher,my friend,my HERO.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment